The Catholic University of America offers grants, loans and work study to help assist our students and their families in paying for their post-secondary education. Money for these programs comes from the U.S. Department of Education and Catholic University.
The process of applying for aid can seem complicated and time consuming, and we want to make it go as smoothly as possible for you. Follow the simple suggestions below to make the process as easy a possible.
- Request and complete all financial aid forms in a timely fashion.
- Know deadlines and apply early! Don't wait until the deadline. Avoid mail delays, busy fax lines and busy emails.
- Complete your tax return early. It is easier to complete the FAFSA and any other financial aid application if you can refer to a completed tax return. If you must use estimated tax information, be as accurate as possible.
- Read all instructions and follow them carefully. Check your work.
- Respond immediately to school requests for additional information or documents, such as copies of federal tax returns.
- Ask questions if you don't understand.