Applying for Aid

Important FAFSA Information

Continuing students should file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the upcoming year after it is available on October 1.

The FAFSA should be filed as soon as accurate income and tax information are available and it should be filed by February 15 to ensure timely processing.

Students submitting a FAFSA after May 1 will be considered for need-based assistance on a funds-available basis.

For undergraduate applicants, we may be required to ask for additional documentation after we have reviewed the FAFSA and mailed a Financial Aid Offer letter. Your financial aid offer may be revised based on the additional documentation. Monitor your To-Do List in Cardinal Station for requirements.

How to Submit the FAFSA

  • We strongly suggest that you submit the application electronically at The Catholic University of America's Federal Title IV School Code is 001437.
  • If you have not previously done so, you will be required to create an FSA ID at to submit the FAFSA, sign loan documents, and complete counseling. 
  • Everyone who needs to provide information on the FAFSA must have an FSA ID. This includes the student, the student's parents or stepparents (if the student is a dependent), and the student's spouse (if applicable). 
  • Parents and students will need their own, separate FSA ID. 

Important Financial Aid Information

  • Undergraduate scholarships and university grants are determined at the time of admission and will remain the same for all four years of study, up to 8 semesters, unless requirements are not met or financial circumstances change. See your financial aid offer letter for specific details.
  • We will begin mailing Financial Aid Offer Letters for continuing students with a valid FAFSA on July 1.