You may be eligible for student financial aid if you:

  • Have been admitted and enrolled as a regular (regularized) student in an eligible (degree seeking) program
  • Are not concurrently enrolled in elementary or secondary school
  • Have a high school diploma or equivalent
  • Make progress as defined in the university's Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress policy
  • Meet enrollment status requirements (half-time status for direct loans)
  • Have resolved any drug conviction issues
  • Have U.S. citizenship or eligible non-citizen status
  • Have a valid social security number
  • Sign a statement of educational purpose and a certification statement regarding overpayment and default (both found on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, also called the "FAFSA")
  • Register for Selective Service, if required.

In addition, you must have financial need for some programs. If you do not have financial need, your aid package will be limited to non-need-based aid program such as a Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan, Federal PLUS Loan and any merit-based aid you may be qualified to receive.

Before making any enrollment changes at the beginning or during a semester, students should contact Student Financial Assistance to speak with a financial aid counselor. Enrollment status may change financial aid eligibility.