The Pell Recalculation Date (sometimes referred to as the census date) is a date in the semester when the Financial Aid Office is required to evaluate your Federal Pell Grant eligibility based on your enrollment status. If the Pell Grant you were awarded does not match your current enrollment status, your award must be adjusted.
- All award amounts listed in Cardinal Students, the student portal are subject to change.
- If you were not yet enrolled for the semester at the time of your initial award, the award is based on assumed full-time enrollment status.
Pell Recalculation Date
- Fall 2022 – Friday, September 9, 2022
- Spring 2023 – Friday, January 20, 2023
- Fall 2023 – Friday, September 8, 2023
- Spring 2024 – Friday, January 19, 2024
- Summer Modular* Classes: Pell Recalculation Date is associated with the last module in which the student enrolls and attends. (*classes that are shorter than a full semester)
After the Pell Recalculation Date
Any classes added after the Pell Recalculation Date will not count towards your Federal Pell Grant eligibility, regardless of the start date for the class. If you drop, withdraw from, or do not attend classes that you were registered for, your financial aid award may be adjusted in the following situations.
- If funding has already disbursed, you may be required to repay your financial aid.
- If funding has not yet disbursed and:
- your enrollment decreases to less than 6 credits, any loans you were awarded will not disburse.
- you were awarded any state grants, your award may be reevaluated, depending on the grant.
- you were awarded a Pell Grant, your award will be reevaluated to determine your eligibility.